We Love Content! Share Yours? Tell us why you love your favorite Texas Beverage or Watering Hole.
Contributor Guidelines for We Drink Texas
Thanks for your interest in writing for We Drink Texas!
Guest posts are an excellent opportunity for us to educate our audience on a broader range of topics outside of our team’s expertise while giving guest bloggers a chance to “borrow our audience.”
Below are a few things to keep in mind when submitting an idea for the We Drink Texas blog. Please read the whole document before contacting us.
*Note: please do NOT contact us about link-swapping blog posts or sponsored posts.
Our blog focuses on Adult Beverages made in Texas.
Our audience is anyone seeking to learn about what’s available in our Great State.
Specific topics we would love you to write about
- Great Breweries, Distilleries, and Vineyards.
- Great bars that seek to showcase Texas products.
- Great restaurants that feature, and utilize Texas beverages in their recipes.
What we expect from your content
- Provide our readers with actionable tips, tools, and destinations that will help them plan their activites.
- Give readers advice that they can put to work immediately after reading.
- Share unique perspectives on your chosen topics .
We Drink Texas typical audience
- We Drink Texas users — a crowd of enthusiasts that cover an entire state!
Guidelines: how to submit your blog post idea
It’s a Simple process. Submit your sample/article/post to [email protected]
1. Submitting your blog post
You need to meet the following quality requirements.
- Submit your post via Email only.
- Aim for a 500 – 1000 word post (we like going in-depth, but also writing concisely)
- Your post should be a well-written original content free of grammatical errors. If we detect plagiarism, you will automatically be rejected.
- The article should be fun and informative. Feel free to have a sense of humor in the article, as long as it’s respectful.
- Self-promotional content won’t be accepted. You can, however, insert one do-follow link to your website in your author bio.
- It’s fine to use your own company as an example/use case — if sharing actual and measurable experiences or lessons, but only if it brings value to the reader
- We love when guest bloggers find a way to link back to our older posts that relate to the topic you’re writing about.
- Cite any quotes, data, images, or third party content used.
- Photos! Send 5-10 photos that you own with your story. At least one for each idea or product your introduce.
- Do NOT use stock images.
- Title: Each word in the title should be capitalized.
- Subheads: Capitalize only the first word in each subhead.
- Bold any noteworthy points.
- Put punctuation inside quotes. “This is how you would punctuate a quote.”
- We use just one space between sentences.
- Capitalize the first word of a bullet point.
- Use subheadings, lists, images, and short paragraphs to break up chunks of text.
It’s a Simple process.
Submit your sample/article/post to [email protected]
Additional Items Needed:
- A short bio (2-3 sentences).
- Links to your Twitter account and website.
- Your email address
We appreciate all the shares we can get. Please tag us in posts (#wedrinktexas) from your personal social accounts, and your company account if you feel so inclined.
That’s all, folks!
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, it may take up to 7 working days for us to respond.